The United Nations provides opportunities for students enrolled in a graduate programme to undertake an internship at its Headquarters in New York, Geneva, Vienna, Nairobi, Addis Ababa, Bangkok, Beirut and Santiago.
The purpose of the United Nations Internship Programme is to:
- to provide a framework by which graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to United Nations Offices where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments.
- to expose them to the work of the United Nations.
- gain experience in the work of the Organization with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of the United Nations's goals, principles and activities.
- to provide UN offices with the assistance of highly qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
- Mid January to mid March (Spring Session): The vacancy announcement is posted mid May, the deadline for applications is mid September.
- Early June to early August (Summer Session): The vacancy announcement is posted mid September, the deadline for applications is end of January.
- Mid September to mid November (Fall Session): The vacancy announcement is posted end of January, the deadline for applications is mid May.
Apply on UN.org