Legal Technology Services
The Legal Technology Services (LTS) team provides legal information management, case support services and related consultancy services to all areas of the ACCC and AER, as required. These services include document management of case material, the establishment and ongoing management of databases, electronic case preparation, technology assisted review (TAR) including analytics and predictive coding, electronic exchange of discovery and provision of software to assist with case preparation and litigation.
As part of the LTS team within the ACCC’s in-house legal and economic practice, this position assists in the coordination and management of evidentiary and case material for ACCC’s investigation and litigation matters, the ongoing maintenance of Ringtail databases and providing advice, support and training in respect of databases.
Duties are to be performed under direction from the Director and Assistant Director, Legal Technology Services and in accordance with the APS Code of Conduct and APS Values to achieve results in line with the corporate mission of the ACCC. Duties may include:
1. Coordinate the external processing of hard copy and electronic material using an established methodology which may vary from case to case. Ensure third party providers meet quality and timeliness standards, identify issues and liaise with providers to find solutions.
2. Provide database administration and maintenance including, but not limited to, creation of databases, producing lists and reports, importing and exporting of data and indexing, ensuring compliance with established methodologies and protocols.
3. Liaise with project teams and external parties regarding process, timeframes, collection, return and sourcing of material.
4. Work with investigation and project teams to identify approaches to assist in the understanding of key issues and to identify documents relevant to the matter.
5. Support Ringtail users, including internal staff and external users. Scope requirements and respond to user requests. Provide basic Ringtail user training and assistance to project teams and individuals.
6. Otherwise support team, branch and division functions as required.
How to apply
Please provide a statement of claims of no more than 800 words that highlights your suitability for the role based on your work experience and the selection criteria. Please also provide a recent curriculum-vitae.
For more information on working with the ACCC and to apply online please visit www.accc.gov.au/employment.