ABOUT THE HCCC
The Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) is an independent statutory body (set up under the Health Care Complaints Act 1993) that plays a central part in maintaining the integrity of the NSW health system, with the overarching consideration of protecting the health and safety of individuals and the community.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Legal Officer role is responsible for conducting prosecution matters and assisting the Director, Legal Services & Director of Proceedings in making determinations to prosecute. The role also provides legal and policy advice as required and instructs counsel, or appears as appropriate, in hearings.
To learn more about the position, please view the Role Description here.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit an online application. This will include:
• Current resume / curriculum vitae (CV) (maximum 5 pages)
• Cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience (maximum 2 pages)
• Your response to the following two targeted questions (maximum 2 pages)
1. Outline your litigation experience with particular emphasis on advocacy and/or administrative law.
2. Describe a situation where you had to present complex legal information to a non-legally qualified person. How did you go about it and how did you ensure that the person understood the information that you were presenting?
The selection process will include a comparative assessment to assist in determining your suitability for the role. This will include a behavioural based interview and online testing.
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same work classification that may become available for filling over the next 12 months.
Recent applicants need not apply.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Background Verification Check.
Closing Date: Tuesday 29 January 2019
Please note staff will be unavailable during the closedown period from Monday 24 December 2018 until Friday 4 January 2019.
For any questions about the position, please contact:
Michael Darmody, A/ Director Legal Services and A/ Director of Proceedings on 92197519 or via email MDarmody@hccc.nsw.gov.au.
For any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HCCC HR on HR@hccc.nsw.gov.au.
For more information about Employment at HCCC please follow this link: www.hccc.nsw.gov.au/About-us/Employment
The Commission is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.