UNIQUE ROLE IN THE SCREEN INDUSTRY.
• SUPPORTIVE, CREATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENT.
• CORPORATE/COMMERCIAL/IP LAWYER.
• POSSIBLE PART TIME, 3 YEAR CONTRACT.
The Australian Children’s Television Foundation (ACTF) is the leading body for Australian children’s media, making Australian children’s lives better through screen content that reflects our culture and our values.
We invest in and support children’s media, distribute that content all over the world, and develop valuable resources aligned with our content for the education sector. We also advocate for high quality locally produced screen content for children and respond to a wide range of related industry and Government reviews.
We’re seeking an interested and motivated lawyer to join our team in Fitzroy. Reporting to the CEO, you will work with and supervise a recently admitted junior lawyer. The two of you will work alongside the whole team and will relish variety.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a range of agreements across development, production and distribution of children’s film and television projects;
• Working collaboratively and providing legal advice and support to internal departments including production, distribution, finance and education;
• Preparing responses and submissions to relevant Government reviews and assisting with the development of strategic papers and plans;
• General company matters such as leases, service agreements, employment contracts;
• Staying across and advising the organisation on material developments in law, regulations and industrial awards and OH&S issues relevant to the film and television industry and/or ACTF staff;
• Maintaining relationships with stakeholders across the Commonwealth and State and Territory Governments and other industry stakeholders, particularly in relation to funding, and
• Company Secretary and Governance requirements.
The ideal candidate is a qualified lawyer with at least 5 years post qualification experience. Because we already have a recently admitted lawyer on our team, you may be an experienced lawyer seeking to work part time.
Experience in entertainment law (especially related to the screen sector) would be a real advantage, as would an interest in policy work and advocacy. A demonstrated capacity to write and speak persuasively, as well as legally, and an engagement in cultural issues would also be highly regarded.
This role is Fitzroy based and might be full or part time, depending on the candidate. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Please send us your CV, together with a letter which responds directly to this advertisement and demonstrates how your skillset, interests and background would make working with the ACTF the right fit for you.
Applications are to be forwarded by 9am Friday 25 October to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any enquiries please contact Beck Stuart on (03) 9200 5500.