The UNICEF Internship Programme offers eligible/qualified students at both Headquarters and country offices the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF's work under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
- You need to be a currently-enrolled graduate or post-graduate student in a field related to UNICEF’s interests. You must be enrolled during the full duration of the proposed internship period. At this time we do not accept undergraduates.
- You should be fluent in English and one other UNICEF working language i.e. French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese.
- Your academic performance should be excellent, as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Your application for an internship should be supported by your university or related institution. A minimum requirement is a letter from one of your professors supporting your application. This is only needed when an internship assignment has been offered to you.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in the field of international development, particularly in areas of UNICEF priorities.
- Ability to adapt and work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Has strong commitment to the values and principles of the United Nations and UNICEF's mission, guiding principles and Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Additional consideration will be given for any past work experiences.
However, please keep in mind that even if you meet these qualifications, there is no guarantee of placement. We receive many more applications from qualified candidates than we can place. Placement is subject to availability of meaningful assignments.