Beyond Law is Australia's premier website dedicated to providing law students, law graduates and young lawyers the information and resources to assist them in pursuing careers and opportunities during and after law school.
As Australia's fastest-growing job-search site, Beyond Law is the essential website for informative and ahead-of-the-curve legal job news, resources and career advice, filling the gap between universities, law student societies and the legal workforce. The website serves those looking for new legal work, seeking a change in career, starting out or just searching for solid employment advice in the legal market.
Beyond Law was founded to pair law students, graduates and young lawyers with organisations sharing a passion for law and social justice, to provide resources to help job-seekers in the legal industry, and to help organisations find the best legal minds they possibly can. Now as the #1 job-search site for law students, graduates and young lawyers, Beyond Law strives to promote the plethora of diverse national and international opportunities available to those with a law degree.
Our vision is to promote the best opportunities to those with a law degree, and to provide targeted and engaged legal talent to employers.
Snapshot of Employment Market for Law Students and Graduates
- Australia has 41 law schools with 34,000 students studying law nationally.
- The number of law students in Australia has doubled in the past decade.
- There are more than 12,000 graduates finishing a tertiary level legal qualification.
- Over 7000 law graduates qualified for admission in 2014.
- Only 5-7% of all law graduates are recruited by large law firms.
- The job market comprises of 100,000 practising lawyers of which 60,000 are solicitors.
Contact us for media interviews.